Midlothian Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Midlothian Forum

A place to talk about Midlothian Scotland and more

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Oatslie Landfill stench

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Roslin Resident

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Oatslie Landfill stench Empty
PostSubject: Oatslie Landfill stench   Oatslie Landfill stench Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 11:05 am

The smell in Roslin last night was stomach churning, phoned Environmental Health this morning, they are aware of the problem, seemingly trenches are being dug at the landfill site which is releasing this noxious odour. Advised to phone SEPA's 24hr Pollution Incidence Service which I have just done, there number is 0800807060. The more people that complain the better.
Back to top Go down
rubbereye

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Oatslie Landfill stench   Oatslie Landfill stench Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 7:15 pm

So that's where the stink has been coming from!

My wife drove me into Penicuik a couple of days ago and accused me of doing rude things with my bottom. But the smell was all over the town centre too. It was there again last night - and I have to agree, it was disgusting.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Oatslie Landfill stench   Oatslie Landfill stench Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 7:24 pm

I must admit that I have passed the houses opposite the landfill site on my way to and from Roslin during the summer. There have been a few times when the wind was blowing in the right direction and the stench has been terrible Shocked I must admit I wouldn't like to live there. However, if there is anything that can be done to minimise the cause, it hopefully it will be. It also explains the smell that my wife and kids were asking me about.
Back to top Go down
https://midforum.editboard.com
Roslin Resident

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Oatslie Landfill stench   Oatslie Landfill stench Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 11:59 am

The stench from Oatslie has been appalling for the past few weeks, we have been phoning SEPA but all you get is platitudes! Some people in Roslin have received letters from Rhona Brankin (MSP) and David Hamilton (MP) asking them to comment on the scale of the problem (flies and smell) since they have a meeting with SEPA today (Friday). The letter that was sent by Brankin and Hamilton encouraged people to phone SEPA's pollution hotline on 0800 60 70 80 which is in fact the AA Driving School!! Correct number is 0800 80 70 60, hope they get their facts right at the meeting today.
Back to top Go down
SamTyler

SamTyler

Number of posts : 989
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Oatslie Landfill stench   Oatslie Landfill stench Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 12:26 pm

There is an article in the Advertiser this week about this. Typical politicians to make a mistake with the phone number (or was it a mistake?)

http://www.midlothianadvertiser.co.uk/news/Meeting-to-tackle-Roslin-landfill.6096401.jp
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Oatslie Landfill stench   Oatslie Landfill stench Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 6:57 pm

Well, if the smell is bad now during the cold weather lets hope they can find a better solution to the problem before the Summer arrives.
Back to top Go down
https://midforum.editboard.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oatslie Landfill stench   Oatslie Landfill stench Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oatslie Landfill stench
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Midlothian Forum :: Midlothian Local Issues-
Jump to: