Midlothian Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Midlothian Forum

A place to talk about Midlothian Scotland and more

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lighting cutbacks

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SamTyler

SamTyler

Number of posts : 989
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Lighting cutbacks Empty
PostSubject: Lighting cutbacks   Lighting cutbacks Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 12:51 pm

I see in the Advertiser that our friends at the cooncil are now considering switching off or dimming street lights in certain areas to save money.
I don't know who pays for them but the lights at the Bio-tech place at the Bush (behind the Countryside Inn) certainly don't need to be on since I don't think anyone is in that building plus it is not used at night anyway. Even if taxpayers are not footing the bill, it seems an awful waste of energy like the lights on the outside of Mauricewood primary which are on 24/7!
Back to top Go down
Ironlung

Ironlung

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Lighting cutbacks Empty
PostSubject: Streetlighting   Lighting cutbacks Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 2:26 pm

Vandalism and burglary would probably be a worry if they switch off large areas, but perhaps they could dim them a bit at certain times, or switch off every second light?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Lighting cutbacks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lighting cutbacks   Lighting cutbacks Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 6:42 pm

I read the article in the Advertiser and the first thing that came to my mind was the lights that were constantly on at Glencorse barracks. Recently I noticed that the lights were on in our estate for a few days when I was off work. I also wonder if they still have the lights on in the tunnels down by the old railway. I remember counting the number of lights in one tunnel (I know, sad isn't it Smile ) and I worked it out that it must be the equivalent of running a 3 bar electric fire 24/7 Crying or Very sad Did they really need to install that many lights in one tunnel?
Back to top Go down
https://midforum.editboard.com
Sponsored content

Lighting cutbacks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lighting cutbacks   Lighting cutbacks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lighting cutbacks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Midlothian Forum :: Midlothian Local Issues-
Jump to: