Midlothian Forum

A place to talk about Midlothian Scotland and more

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

The trees and shrubs around Somerfield's

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rubbereye

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: The trees and shrubs around Somerfield''s   Tue May 12, 2009 10:25 pm

Sawn down, ripped out...... Anyone know why? Or is it just another phase in the implememtation of Penicuik's Uglification Policy?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SamTyler

Number of posts : 918
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: The trees and shrubs around Somerfield's   Tue May 12, 2009 10:52 pm

I believe it is so they can expand the car park to cater for the vast crowds who will be visiting the town to explore the amazing number and variety of shops which we have! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gonzo

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: The trees and shrubs around Somerfield's   Wed May 13, 2009 1:03 pm

When the plans were submitted for the Lidl there was also plans submitted for two retail units to be placed beside the Somerfield car park where they are taking down the trees so I suppose that must have got the go ahead as well. So bets on for either more takeaways or hairdressers perhaps as we do have a shortage of both. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SamTyler

PostSubject: Re: The trees and shrubs around Somerfield's   Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:30 pm

This week's Advertiser has an article about this which also mentions the plans for two more retail units. Sounds like a great idea which really makes economic sense when LJR (owners of the precinct retail units) already have 3 empty units with another 2 or 3 ready soon when the flats building is completed!!!
Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
musicman

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The trees and shrubs around Somerfield's   Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:15 am

Maybe new units will help attract new business and the centre of Penicuik will once again come alive. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SamTyler

PostSubject: Re: The trees and shrubs around Somerfield's   Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:22 pm

An interesting find while looking through the Building Warrants on the cooncil website for the 16th July:
LJR are planning to build a Dental Centre to the south east of Kentigern Mall and have also applied for changes to the foundations and drainage at Lidl (no doubt to account for it being higher than planned)

Unfortunately you cannot cut and paste from the document but you can find it at:

http://www.midlothian.gov.uk//%5CArticle.aspx?TopicID=0&ArticleID=17334

These tell you more than anything else about what is going on so very interesting stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SamTyler

PostSubject: Re: The trees and shrubs around Somerfield's   Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:42 pm

I see they have started work on the new dental centre next to Somerfield now. I believe that the practice from Jackson Street will be moving there - providing the builders do a better job than another recent LJR project!!!
It is also good news (yes that is a shock!) to see that the New Yorker snooker place is going to re-open on 8th September so good luck to them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: The trees and shrubs around Somerfield's   Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:44 pm

Someone was asking me about new buildings being built behind Somerfield. I haven't seen them myself but can anyone say what they are? Are they the retail units previously mentioned in this topic?

Fear knocks at the door, knowledge answers and finds nothing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://midforum.editboard.com
gonzo

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: The trees and shrubs around Somerfield's   Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:35 pm

yeah, as far as I know the one that is being built at the moment is the dental centre.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The trees and shrubs around Somerfield's   

Back to top Go down

The trees and shrubs around Somerfield's
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1