Midlothian Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Midlothian Forum

A place to talk about Midlothian Scotland and more

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What a day!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2007-04-28

What a day! Empty
PostSubject: What a day!   What a day! Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 7:22 pm

I managed to get to the garage to collect my car and pay the bill Crying or Very sad When I arrived home the garage door was open. I pulled it down and all the rain that had collected on it splashed over me Shocked

It seems that I wasn't the only one who had one of those days. Apparently my wife and the two foster kids were trapped in the living room earlier on. The barrel for the handle of the door that leads to hall was jammed and even after removing the handles the door would not open. Thankfully the door hinges have pins. My wife managed to remove one but the other was stuck. Luckily one of our neighbours managed to clamber over the fence in our back garden and removed it. If not it could have been rather expensive to remove the door Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://midforum.editboard.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2007-04-28

What a day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a day!   What a day! Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 7:32 pm

Well, today I had a half day because we are moving from part of the office to another and the computers were being turned off at noon. My son had taken his car into the garage for a check and they had told him that one of the things needing done was to change the spark plugs as there was a slight missfire. It was going to cost £52 for the garage to do it Shocked

I therefore decided to do it myself and phoned Motavation who told me that they had the spark plugs and the spanner that I needed. I came home on the bus and went into Motavation only to be told that they only had plugs for a 16 valve engine and not the 8 valve one I needed Rolling Eyes I walked home and phoned BNC autoparts who told me that they had the plugs. I cycled along and paid £17 for both the plugs and the spanner Smile

However, when I removed one of the plugs from the car it was obvious that it was not the same. It had no gasket and only 2 electrodes instead of 4 or 5 on the new ones. I went back to the shop and when the guy saw the plug from the car he immediately said that it was a Ford plug rather than a Vauxhall one Mad No wonder the car was missfiring. How could anyone be so stupid as to put what was clearly the wrong part into an important part of the engine Mad
Back to top Go down
https://midforum.editboard.com

What a day!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Midlothian Forum :: The Lounge-
Jump to: