Midlothian Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Midlothian Forum

A place to talk about Midlothian Scotland and more

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Olympia Cafe!

Go down 
+5
Admin
musicman
SamTyler
Basil
elljay
9 posters
AuthorMessage
elljay

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-07-19

Olympia Cafe! Empty
PostSubject: Olympia Cafe!   Olympia Cafe! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 2:17 pm

Post deleted.

Last edited by elljay on Mon May 31, 2010 8:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Basil

Basil

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-06-17

Olympia Cafe! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olympia Cafe!   Olympia Cafe! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 2:21 pm

So, I wonder what they made the tea that I had with ????
Back to top Go down
SamTyler

SamTyler

Number of posts : 989
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Olympia Cafe! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olympia Cafe!   Olympia Cafe! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 4:08 pm

...and people wonder why some businesses don't last very long!!!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
elljay

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-07-19

Olympia Cafe! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olympia Cafe!   Olympia Cafe! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 4:17 pm

Basil wrote:
So, I wonder what they made the tea that I had with ????

Laughing Laughing Excellent point!! Maybe they just boil their "undrinkable" stuff and hope for the best Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
musicman

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Olympia Cafe! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olympia Cafe!   Olympia Cafe! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 8:06 pm

Bet the health inspector doesn't know that the water is undrinkable? Sounds like a lie and the real reason is we have bottled water, want to / need to sell it and this is the best way to do so. If it was a drink only then I could almost see the point of refusing water but as part of a meal they would still be making money..
Back to top Go down
SamTyler

SamTyler

Olympia Cafe! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olympia Cafe!   Olympia Cafe! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 9:34 am

Well that did not last very long! See it has closed now and is going to become McTaly - the Italian McDonalds (though they might have something to say about that)
I just don't see how all these takeaways and cafes are going to survive as Penicuik becomes "The Takeaway Town"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Olympia Cafe! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olympia Cafe!   Olympia Cafe! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 10:58 am

I see that the old bookies next to Tesco is going to become an Indian takeaway as well Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://midforum.editboard.com
pitsgate

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2007-09-01

Olympia Cafe! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olympia Cafe!   Olympia Cafe! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 1:34 pm

I think we're still going to have to go some to match Loanhead though!
Think on. Nobody opens a shop intending it to fail. If there are that many takeaways it's because there's a demand for them.
Shame there isn't the demand for "proper" restaurants. One Indian, one French, one Chinese + the hotels, and that's it!
Back to top Go down
rubbereye

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-02-13

Olympia Cafe! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olympia Cafe!   Olympia Cafe! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 1:55 pm

SamTyler wrote:
Well that did not last very long! See it has closed now and is going to become McTaly - the Italian McDonalds (though they might have something to say about that)
I just don't see how all these takeaways and cafes are going to survive as Penicuik becomes "The Takeaway Town"

McTaly...... McItaly.....

Is it (mCtaly) actually a part of McDonalds', the same as McItaly?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/8503430.stm
Back to top Go down
SamTyler

SamTyler

Olympia Cafe! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olympia Cafe!   Olympia Cafe! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 4:27 pm

Noticed today that the Tower chippy is to re-open with new management and new menus so wonder if that means decent chips??? farao
Back to top Go down
sybil

sybil

Number of posts : 191

Olympia Cafe! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olympia Cafe!   Olympia Cafe! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 5:22 pm

come back tolmies a is forgivn
Back to top Go down
SamTyler

SamTyler

Olympia Cafe! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olympia Cafe!   Olympia Cafe! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 9:19 am

sybil wrote:
come back tolmies a is forgivn

WTF???

Question Exclamation
Back to top Go down
sybil

sybil

Number of posts : 191

Olympia Cafe! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olympia Cafe!   Olympia Cafe! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 12:22 am

ye no heard a tolmies chippie ? was proper chips in drippin
Back to top Go down
new_age

new_age

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-08-31

Olympia Cafe! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olympia Cafe!   Olympia Cafe! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 12:52 pm

Lets not go back to chips in dripping, its bad enough we have the reputation for deep fried mars, pizza, pies - if its edible, deep fry it.....
It might not taste quite as nice but a move to vegetable oil is surely better for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Olympia Cafe! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olympia Cafe!   Olympia Cafe! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Olympia Cafe!
Page 1 of 1