Midlothian Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Midlothian Forum

A place to talk about Midlothian Scotland and more

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

TV

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
musicman

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2007-08-29

TV Empty
PostSubject: TV   TV Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 9:40 pm

Having just paid my TV license I began to think what I actually watch on TV these days (only have channels 1-4 or cooncil tv as I've heard it called many a time), anyway I could not think of a single thing of late that I've gone out of my to watch.
If it's not a fly-on-the-wall involving the police, big brother, reruns of airline or soaps there is really nothing that stands out. Then there is the football, Saturday nights see the shows such as match of the day, then the same program is on again at 8am on the Sunday morning? Wednesday nights are footy nights on ITV, BBC2 tonight was showing the Hearts match & a program my nephew watches on channel 5 about animals was cancelled tonight to make way for ... (wait for it ) football, he couldn't understand why his animal program wasn't on (only 4) - the thing is I don't understand why we get football all the time on TV, fed up with it and the season has only begun!!
STV gave up favourites such as the bill in favour of more Scottish orientated programs, err yes or it could have been just to save money and fill the schedules with repeat after repeat, after repeat.. Off now to watch a DVD, something I've been doing more and more...Rant over Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2007-04-28

TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV   TV Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 2:50 pm

I guess that I must be one of the lucky ones as I've got Sky and Sky+. I tend to keep a selection of programs that I want to watch and view them when there is nothing else worth watching. As far as the Bill is concerned, I have been watching the latest series and I'm not sure I really like the new format. It seems to have lost the shine that the old series had.

Anyway, I bet you can't wait until we're all converted to digital. Then we'll have a greater choice of channels to watch and an even greater number of repeats to choose from Laughing

Perhaps we should just throw away our remote controls and watch some entertaining stuff like this on Youtube. All this guy wants is your bank details Laughing http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/08/28/youtube_419er/
Back to top Go down
https://midforum.editboard.com

TV
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Midlothian Forum :: The Lounge-
Jump to: