Midlothian Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Midlothian Forum

A place to talk about Midlothian Scotland and more

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

rubbish/bin collections

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bumble

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-07-29

rubbish/bin collections Empty
PostSubject: rubbish/bin collections   rubbish/bin collections Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 4:12 pm

I hope everyone had a good Christmas and Santa was very good to them
santa
He was very generous in our house bringing lots of pressies.

Down side to this though is the amount of rubbish i have piled up at my back door as my wheelie bin is full. It wont be emptied until after the new year now.

Would it not of made sense for the council to have a extra collection? We are no longer getting the brown bins emptied on alternative weeks so surely they could of fit a black collection in instead.

I'm sure I'm not the only person in this situation. As it is i have problems with a fortnightly collection as it is and i do recycle weekly. At this rate it will be spring before i get rid of it all lol

Happy new year cheers
Back to top Go down
SamTyler

SamTyler

Number of posts : 989
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: rubbish/bin collections   rubbish/bin collections Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 4:42 pm

They did an extra collection a couple of years ago but last year reverted to normal service and it is the same this year. As our usual collection is on Friday we have to wait until Sunday 3rd January - weather permitting of course since many of the side streets are still covered with snow and ice. Not much chance of it melting with the current temperatures since I don't think it got above -1C today in Penicuik!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: rubbish/bin collections   rubbish/bin collections Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 7:03 pm

I know how you feel. My wheelie bin is full to the brim because as well as all the pressies Santa brought, we also had the Christmas dinner for the family. Our recycling is just as bad due to a few extra cans and bottles Smile Thankfully that goes out tomorrow night.

As far as the weather is concerned, bah, humbug Mad It's over a week since I saw any green grass and it's not over yet Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://midforum.editboard.com
bumble

PostSubject: Re: rubbish/bin collections   rubbish/bin collections Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 3:54 pm

Well i struggled to put my over full bucket out last night and i is still sitting by the roadside unemptied.

Really not surprised as the conditions are awful, i cant see how the truck could get along the street to empty it.

But in the mean time the rubbish is piling up at my back door, big mistake sending son to tidy bedroom lol.

I am assuming we leave the wheelies out and they will be emptied when the bin men are able.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: rubbish/bin collections   rubbish/bin collections Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 7:02 pm

Yeah, there's no point bringing them in as they would just have to be put back out again for tomorrow. However, it's starting to freeze up again so I don't think that the amount of snow on the roads at the moment is going to go down.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: rubbish/bin collections   rubbish/bin collections Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 6:43 pm

Well, the bin men have now emptied the wheelie bins in our estate Smile It seemed to be a bit of a struggle for them and they were being followed by their boss in a wee van which probably didn't help Smile

Anyway, well done to them cheers
Back to top Go down
bumble

PostSubject: Re: rubbish/bin collections   rubbish/bin collections Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 12:17 am

yes hats of to the bin men cheers cheers cheers

They practically had to dig some bins out of the drifts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rubbish/bin collections   rubbish/bin collections Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

rubbish/bin collections
Page 1 of 1