Midlothian Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Midlothian Forum

A place to talk about Midlothian Scotland and more

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Penicuik going places

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wonderboy

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-08-30

Penicuik going places Empty
PostSubject: Penicuik going places   Penicuik going places Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 9:34 pm

This site is very quiet; hopefully not for too long.
Congratulations to the organisers on Saturday for the Street Fair.
There seemed to be a lot of people there both in the precinct 7 the Town Hall.
Ther e ia also a rumour floating about that a continental Market will hitthe town sometime in October.
Keep the scripts moving; the town will start to regenerate soon.
Back to top Go down
Wen

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Penicuik going places   Penicuik going places Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 12:29 pm

Do you have any more detail on that continental market, please. wonderboy?

Sounds like something that could be good. Smile
Back to top Go down
SueDOnym

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Penicuik going places   Penicuik going places Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 2:22 pm

There was a continental market which came to Dalkeith, possibly last autumn, and it was very good. I'd make a point of coming to Penicuik to visit it!
Back to top Go down
Evil Edna

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Penicuik going places   Penicuik going places Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 9:58 pm

It was in Bonnyrigg too. By all accounts, it was pretty popular.
Back to top Go down
pitsgate

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Penicuik going places   Penicuik going places Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 11:36 pm

Thankyou for your comments about the Street Fair.
The aim this year was to extend the Fair by adding live music in the Town Hall and by having a local organisation (this year, Childline; next year, who knows??) make extra cash from running the refreshment stall.
We were also able to provide the venue for the Penicuik Arts Festival to hold one of its exhibitions.
According to our information Midlothian Council is planning to arrange for a Christmas Market in the High Street some time in the late autumn (we'll keep you posted) and the Community Council will run a Christmas Fayre in conjunction with the Christmas Lights switch-on at the beginning of December — provided there is the demand. Any organisation that had a stall last week gets a freebie at the Christmas event! An offer you can hardly refuse!!!
Back to top Go down
wonderboy

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Penicuik going places   Penicuik going places Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 8:31 pm

I see it is now happening that the Continental Market will be in the High St on Sunday from 9am to 5pm.
I hope the weather is fine & encourages many Penicuikians into the town centre.
Back to top Go down
Wen

PostSubject: Re: Penicuik going places   Penicuik going places Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 10:19 am

Thank you, Wonderboy.

I'll make the effort to get down there, and with money in my purse, too! Razz
Back to top Go down
Wen

PostSubject: Re: Penicuik going places   Penicuik going places Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 3:42 pm

Well, I got there and spent all my money.

I asked why it wasn't advertised and was told that no-one knew it was happening until the beginning of the week. Let's hope it comes again and that next time it is advertised so that more people attend and the stalls can make it more worth their while to come out to Penicuik.

Someone said that it was the local councillors that brought it here. Ken Brown was mentioned. Well done to them!

It's still on, if you haven't got down there yet, and worth taking some cash with you.
Back to top Go down
pitsgate

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Penicuik going places   Penicuik going places Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 9:00 pm

Apologies for not posting the date of the Continental Market.
The Community Council meeting last Monday was the first time that we knew the date so it didn't give much time to publicise it.
I think Midlothian Councillors do deserve the credit for this and I'm sure they will try to give a bit more advance warning in future. It was well worth going to. Well done, them.
Back to top Go down
Wen

PostSubject: Re: Penicuik going places   Penicuik going places Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 8:06 pm

Thank you for the explanation, pitsgate. Lets hope the councillors (with the support of the community councillors, of course) manage to bring it here again.

It is possible we could see it before Christmas, do you think?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Penicuik going places   Penicuik going places Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Penicuik going places
Page 1 of 1