Midlothian Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Midlothian Forum

A place to talk about Midlothian Scotland and more

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Suicide bid on the North bridge

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Suicide bid on the North bridge Empty
PostSubject: Suicide bid on the North bridge   Suicide bid on the North bridge Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 1:53 pm

I was sitting upstairs on a 47 waiting in a queue just before the Carlton hotel. I then spotted a guy straddled across a metal fence which looked over Market street. The police were talking to him and and he looked decidedly uncomfortable, especially as the fence had blunt spikes on top. The article in the Evening News says that the road was closed off for 2 hours so I must have just missed being delayed. I did wonder what happened but thankfully it seems they managed to talk him down. I'm not sure that I agree with the somewhat selfish comment that someone seems to have posted. I wonder how they would have felt if it had been a friend or relative Rolling Eyes
http://www.scotsman.com/transport-news/Suicide--bid-closes-roads.6370603.jp
Back to top Go down
https://midforum.editboard.com
SamTyler

SamTyler

Number of posts : 989
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Suicide bid on the North bridge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suicide bid on the North bridge   Suicide bid on the North bridge Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 4:28 pm

You always seem to get some idiots stirring things in these situations. There have been cases of people playing a certain Van Halen song to people on bridges which is why the police prefer to just close down the roads and keep people away.
Back to top Go down

Suicide bid on the North bridge
Page 1 of 1