Midlothian Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Midlothian Forum

A place to talk about Midlothian Scotland and more

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mauricewood Road Traffic

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SamTyler

SamTyler

Number of posts : 989
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Mauricewood Road Traffic Empty
PostSubject: Mauricewood Road Traffic   Mauricewood Road Traffic Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 12:06 pm

Here is the report from the Advertiser about the campaign to cut down on speeding on Mauricewood Road

http://www.midlothianadvertiser.co.uk/news/Penicuik-campaign-over-road-safety.6376586.jp

Nice how the council basically say that they need some people to get killed (preferably children) before they can do anything about the problem!
Back to top Go down
carnethy

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Mauricewood Road Traffic   Mauricewood Road Traffic Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 10:45 pm

Please, not more speed humps!! I sympathise and agree with the issue but there must be other ways. Much of the problem lies with drivers coming down from the A702 that don't seem to want to slow to 30. Perhaps narrowing the road as in Cuiken Avenue might work.
Mind you, with all the government cuts, I can't see any budget being made available for this in the near future.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Mauricewood Road Traffic   Mauricewood Road Traffic Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 7:00 am

I have to agree on this one. The roads are bad enough as they are, without spending more money on speed bumps rather than fiixing the potholes.
Back to top Go down
https://midforum.editboard.com
SamTyler

SamTyler

PostSubject: Re: Mauricewood Road Traffic   Mauricewood Road Traffic Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 9:02 am

We certainly don't want speed bumps but something does need to be done. I often find that you look before crossing and see nothing then someone comes charging up or down the road. Surely the best thing would be for the police to get out with their speed cameras and bring in lots of money in speeding fines - they could catch a few mobile phone drivers too!
Back to top Go down
SamTyler

SamTyler

PostSubject: Re: Mauricewood Road Traffic   Mauricewood Road Traffic Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 12:18 pm

Something seems to be happening as there are "black boxes" fitted to two of the lamp-posts on the road now. No idea if they are to count the traffic or measure the speeds but we shall find out eventually I imagine.
Back to top Go down
SamTyler

SamTyler

PostSubject: Re: Mauricewood Road Traffic   Mauricewood Road Traffic Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 7:52 pm

The "black boxes" were traffic counters although they did not leave them for very long and the latest development has been the removal of the bus shelter - very convenient with our current weather.
Who knows what will happen next?
Question
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mauricewood Road Traffic   Mauricewood Road Traffic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mauricewood Road Traffic
Page 1 of 1