Midlothian Forum

A place to talk about Midlothian Scotland and more

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Dumped

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Do you think that the particpants were right to use the 'eco friendly generator' to power the items that they found on the dump?
Yes, they deserved the reward for collecting the rubbish.
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
No, it would have contributed to global warming.
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1247
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Dumped   Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:48 pm

No, it's not about relationships Smile Perhaps I'm a masochist but I've just finished watching the program on TV. I'm not sure that it really went as well as the programme makers hoped it would. However, I must admit that it still reinforced my view that far too much rubbish is still being sent to landfill instead of being recycled. I couldn't believe that one of the contestants wore a new set of underwear every day Mad

What really annoyed me was the attitude that some of the particpants had that seemed to imply that just because they could afford to waste resources that it was okay Mad

So just for the fun of it, do you think that the participants were right to use the 'eco friendly generator' to power the items that they found on the dump?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://midforum.editboard.com
Wen

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Dumped   Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:25 am

I didn't see that program, Andy. I have always recycled and it is a bane to my children. Old ice cream tubs used as sandwich boxes. Tins of Christmas biscuits retained as cake tins. I have a utility room full of useful items that may be used someday.

My children call me a hoarder
BUT
when I go to my eldest daughter's house
her kitchen resembles mine closely.
Reuse Recycle - or - waste not, want not
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Dumped
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1