Midlothian Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Midlothian Forum

A place to talk about Midlothian Scotland and more

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bank Mill

Go down 
+7
Basil
rubbereye
Murray
RogerRabbit
LothianLass
Lightlevel
omala
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
pitsgate

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2007-09-01

Bank Mill - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bank Mill   Bank Mill - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 5:55 pm

LothianLass wrote:
Their website refers to the 'recently acquired Bank Mill'. I thought they were just leasing it - another example of spin perhaps?
Classic! A perfect example of standard practice. If challenged they will dismiss your objection as "semantics". By the end of the twelve months they will have convinced themselves (and anyone who falls for their oh-so-plausible nonsense) that they have actually "acquired" it and that they are in productive discussion with whoever actually owns it about the minor details of dotting the 'is' and crossing the 'ts' to enable the final transfer of ownership. Like Micawber they will be confidently expecting a large some of money to turn up "any day".
They will in the meantime have refused to enter into any sort of sensible discussion with anyone who they suspect of disagreeing with them.
The methods (I speak from experience) will include: refusing to answer emails: deliberately misinterpreting emails: refusing to release information to which the public is entitled and they, as a Trust, are legally obliged to provide -- at least until it is too late for you to do anything about it: putting what only the kindest of people could describe as 'spin' on any information they do release.
In due course the owners (who are likely to be a lot more stony-hearted than Midlothian Council, not having voters to keep happy!) will turf them out and it will all be the fault of the hard-hearted capitalist who has destroyed the last piece of Penicuik's proud papermaking history without giving them the .. blah--blah--blah. I can write the press release for you now.
It's rather fun watching this from 1,000 miles away. Except that I still care for the place and hate to see the good people of Penicuik being led by the nose by this coterie of luddites. Again!
Back to top Go down
Murray

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-05-26

Bank Mill - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bank Mill   Bank Mill - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 8:27 pm

Good grief.
Back to top Go down
pitsgate

Bank Mill - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bank Mill   Bank Mill - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 8:54 pm

Murray wrote:
Good grief.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
omala

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2010-10-17

Bank Mill - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bank Mill   Bank Mill - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 1:45 am

Some spin, but what comes from the rear end of a Bull, Bulldust......Bulldust baffles Brains... Sayonara dream makers..
Back to top Go down
omala

Bank Mill - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bank Mill   Bank Mill - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 7:37 pm

Update; you have enjoyed Christmas day endured Boxing day, had a break what next? Oh Yes Hogmanay. Got a spare tenner, book a place at the PCDT/Bank Mill Society bosh of the year Hogamanay Party. Venue, Bank Mill, wrap up well. OOPs nearly misspelt Bank... cherry
Back to top Go down
RogerRabbit

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-12-23

Bank Mill - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bank Mill   Bank Mill - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 9:25 pm

Bank Mill Society?! affraid
Oh, purleeeeese!!!!!!!!! It sounds like one of those obscure Edinburgh pseudo-literary societies that the not especially great and the nearly good aspire to. Membership by invitation only. Do they have a tie, do you think?

You'd have been right with 'bunk' rather than 'bank'. I think, omala. (That is what you meant, isn't it? Rolling Eyes )
'Bosh' is wrong, though. Should be 'tosh'.
Back to top Go down
Chris

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Bank Mill - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Roger   Bank Mill - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 9:29 pm

RogerRabbit wrote:
Bank Mill Society?! affraid
Oh, purleeeeese!!!!!!!!! It sounds like one of those obscure Edinburgh pseudo-literary societies that the not especially great and the nearly good aspire to. Membership by invitation only. Do they have a tie, do you think?

You'd have been right with 'bunk' rather than 'bank'. I think, omala. (That is what you meant, isn't it? Rolling Eyes )
'Bosh' is wrong, though. Should be 'tosh'.

roger, will you be there tomorrow?
Back to top Go down
RogerRabbit

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-12-23

Bank Mill - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bank Mill   Bank Mill - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 9:26 am

No, Chris. But that doesn't mean I won't be doing (and have been doing) at least some of the things that you are trying to get organised.
A more relevant question is how many of the Luddites -- or your pals on the CC -- will be there? I doubt you'll need to take more than one glove off to count them.
More power to your elbow, son; pity you're a lone voice.
Back to top Go down
omala

Bank Mill - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bank Mill   Bank Mill - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 12:38 pm

Question:
Would PCDT need a change of use certificate for the building being used as an entertainment venue?
Back to top Go down
pitsgate

Bank Mill - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bank Mill   Bank Mill - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 1:41 pm

omala wrote:
Question:
Would PCDT need a change of use certificate for the building being used as an entertainment venue?
Probably. But only if they make a habit of it. I think you're making a big assumption, don't you? Shocked
Back to top Go down
omala

Bank Mill - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bank Mill   Bank Mill - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 7:38 pm

Madam Omala and I decided to go to the Town Hall and have a closer look, nice blue banner. We had a peek in, and we were not compelled to enter. It had the hallmarks of a 1950s WRVS afternoon in Surbiton, pious looking lot, we decided to scurry off a nearby coffee shop. We culd hear running footfalls from the hall. I notice that their next film society viewing is the Illusionist. Apt.
Back to top Go down
Chris

Bank Mill - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Bank Mill   Bank Mill - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 9:09 pm

Relentless
Back to top Go down
omala

Bank Mill - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bank Mill   Bank Mill - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 1:40 am

Oh Yes, what I learned today makes it a quest, the damage those people have done in Penicuik unseen for more that a quarter of a century is unforgivable...and culpable.....worse than Hoodies and Druggies...and other unspeakables...Relentless..understatement...await a storm of criticism.... Cool farao
Back to top Go down
Chris

Bank Mill - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bank Mill   Bank Mill - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 7:46 am

Evidence?
Back to top Go down
LothianLass

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2010-06-22

Bank Mill - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bank Mill   Bank Mill - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 1:26 pm

RogerRabbit:
Quote :
A more relevant question is how many of the Luddites -- or your pals on the CC -- will be there?

Well, Chris? How many?

Back to top Go down
Chris

Bank Mill - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bank Mill   Bank Mill - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 1:49 pm

I had pawkies oan (fingerless ones) 12 volunteers 3 of whom were CC members. Take out the female element and those with infirmities, that doesn't leave many others.
Back to top Go down
LothianLass

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2010-06-22

Bank Mill - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bank Mill   Bank Mill - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:45 pm

Very gallant of you to discount the ladies, Chris, although I and my female neighbours of all ages have managed to cope with a bit of snow clearing this past week.

How many 'Trusties' turned up? I believe they were hosting an exciting demonstration of felting with opportunities to make little felt stars for Christmas deccies yesterday.

http://makingspacepenicuik.blogspot.com/2010/12/its-starry-night-time-this-saturday-in.html

Now isn't that community minded? Also serving soup along with the usual cake stuff, so possibly they imagined they were providing a soup kitchen for the village. Very Victorian middle class indeed. Perhaps if they showed face now and again to take part in the nitty gritty of life in the town, folk would take them a bit more seriously and perhaps - just perhaps - give them support.
Back to top Go down
Chris

Bank Mill - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bank Mill   Bank Mill - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 6:37 pm

LL, no gallantry intended. My apologies if I misled you or anyone else on the forum.

Wind back a couple of years and it is the same tedious, boring accusations. If Omala/ Roger or anyone else has any " evidence" then show me the money. Until such time as that "evidence" is produced, I and many others will see this as no more than personal vendettas which have run for a number of years (on both sides?) between certain factions. Is it Penicuik folk or incomers? It does nothing to promote Penicuik.

Andy, can I suggest you open another forum along the lines of " Let's slag each other off and do Feck all for Penicuik"

Mind don't give too much away in your responses in case you reveal your true identity.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Bank Mill - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bank Mill   Bank Mill - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 7:29 pm

As others have said, the Bankmill project is a very commendable idea. However, the fact that it is going require £1,000,000 to be raised within a year is very challenging. It is going to take quite a number of small donations and/or a few very large ones to hit the target. Also, the economy in general is not in the best shape at the moment and institutions or companies etc may be less inclined to sponsor these kinds of projects. Time will tell though and I'm sure we will know in a year's time how successful or otherwise they have been. Watch this space.
Back to top Go down
https://midforum.editboard.com
Murray

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-05-26

Bank Mill - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bank Mill   Bank Mill - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 9:04 pm

Chris wrote:
LL, no gallantry intended. My apologies if I misled you or anyone else on the forum.

Wind back a couple of years and it is the same tedious, boring accusations. If Omala/ Roger or anyone else has any " evidence" then show me the money. Until such time as that "evidence" is produced, I and many others will see this as no more than personal vendettas which have run for a number of years (on both sides?) between certain factions. Is it Penicuik folk or incomers? It does nothing to promote Penicuik.

Andy, can I suggest you open another forum along the lines of " Let's slag each other off and do Feck all for Penicuik"

Mind don't give too much away in your responses in case you reveal your true identity.

Hear hear.
Back to top Go down
omala

Bank Mill - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bank Mill   Bank Mill - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 11:13 pm

Chris and Murray, the people who I have spoken to have a firm pedigree of what they have done to support Penicuik, like yourself Chris. I know of about a dozen who were duped by the trust, used, abused and lied about. I spoke with a founder member of the trust tonight who in his words stated; "I would not warm them with my breath as they are unscrupulous." He and another posted on a previous forum with their identity bared for all to see, he is waiting to present his evidence to a court of law if necessary. From another source tonight the worthy trust members have an unhealthy influnce on the Community Council and a niaive elected Midlothian Councilor. This where this thread crosses over the Pub dispersal debacle. Spin and self interest drives the likes of them and I will continue to explore their legitimacy. Since I remember Chris having a poke at the Crime Prevention Panel, I am led to understand that an office bearer of both the trust (Loose term) and the panel was party to a breach of banking regulations. I am quite sure the bank can substantiate this, albeit to their embarrasment.
Back to top Go down
Chris

Bank Mill - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bank Mill   Bank Mill - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 3:14 pm

I did have a poke at the CPP and quite rightly so. It is one thing expressing an opinion using your own name. It is another making accusations and hiding behind a PC. If the evidence proves you correct I will be the first to congratulate you in person in your pursuit of the truth.............that is if you "out" yourself affraid
Back to top Go down
omala

Bank Mill - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bank Mill   Bank Mill - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 4:17 pm

Hi Chris, (Chris Who), Hi Murray (Murry Who), if that is your idea of citing your views, using your own names, O.K. so shall I, signed Omala. I sense that a lot of valid points are being dodged on this isolated forum.
Back to top Go down
rubbereye

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-02-13

Bank Mill - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bank Mill   Bank Mill - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 4:37 pm

omala wrote:
Oh Yes, what I learned today makes it a quest, the damage those people have done in Penicuik unseen for more that a quarter of a century is unforgivable...and culpable.....worse than Hoodies and Druggies...and other unspeakables...Relentless..understatement...await a storm of criticism.... Cool farao

Omala, even if everything your informants tell you is true and proveable, I'm afraid I still don't see what "damage" they've done to Penicuik.

I think your ascribing a power and potency to them that I cannot believe they have. They are at worst silly, not dangerous.
Back to top Go down
Chris

Bank Mill - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bank Mill   Bank Mill - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 7:04 pm

omala wrote:
Hi Chris, (Chris Who), Hi Murray (Murry Who), if that is your idea of citing your views, using your own names, O.K. so shall I, signed Omala. I sense that a lot of valid points are being dodged on this isolated forum.

My name, address, email address, inside leg, events blah blah blah have all been posted on here (or the pervious Forum) before. So you know fine well who I am. Do I know who you are?mmmmmmmmmm From the number of posts you are a latecomer to the Forum(s) or are you? Show me yours and I'll show you mine. Anyway........ back on thread in case the Mod locks it............ Evidence? You can have your desired wish. Just rub the lamp!

Andy, how many Hotmail/Yahoo accounts are there on here?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bank Mill - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bank Mill   Bank Mill - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bank Mill
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next