Midlothian Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Midlothian Forum

A place to talk about Midlothian Scotland and more

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Litter Pick

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Litter Pick Empty
PostSubject: Litter Pick   Litter Pick Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 5:48 pm

Saturday 9th April. Tesco car park. Usual script. Bacon roll, cup of tea, caramel shortcake and all equipment. Would be nice to see some new faces there, even for a couple of hours. You can do your bit............... and still have the afternoon to yourself
Back to top Go down
Chris

Litter Pick Empty
PostSubject: Litter Pick   Litter Pick Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 6:42 pm

Andy, thanks ONCE again for turning up to help out today. Sorry I didn't have the time to speak to you. However what a big disappointment. 20 volunteers turned up. Yes 20!!!! How many residents are there in Penicuik? Those who make their mouths go? Big fish small pond. If the cap fits!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Litter Pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Litter Pick   Litter Pick Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 7:32 pm

Well, whatever the turnout, we seem to have made quite a difference to the amount of litter. The thing that always disappoints me though is the amount of rubbish which is always lying in the water Sad I managed to drag a large tyre all the way from the water up to the main road. It was quite steep near the top and I only needed one more push to get it off the slope. It slipped and rolled a third of the way back down Shocked Rolling Eyes On reflection, it would have been useful to have had a long piece of strong rope and some help when it comes to hauling similar rubbish up these steep slopes.
Back to top Go down
https://midforum.editboard.com
Lightlevel

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Litter Pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Litter Pick   Litter Pick Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 9:28 pm

Good effort by those of us that turned up. Cup o tea and a bacon roll hit the spot. The burn needs a clean up all of it's own and there was rubbish in places I just couldn't get to. Still think it must be easier to take stuff to the tip or call the council to uplift rather than dragging it into the woods & chucking it down an embankment - must be a sport to some people.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Litter Pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Litter Pick   Litter Pick Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 7:40 pm

Once again we seem to have collected quite a lot of rubbish today. Unfortunately with the weeds growing now, there could be more that has been missed. Some of the things found were tyres, a tarpaulin of some sort, swivel chair and I saw one of the volunteers with a bike with a missing back wheel.
Back to top Go down
https://midforum.editboard.com
Chris

Litter Pick Empty
PostSubject: Cuiken Glen   Litter Pick Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 6:12 pm

All the usual stuff Andy. A big thank you to all the volunteers who turned up. There was also a bolier and a bed and mattress. Luckily enough, we were able to get the CSO vans up the path from Pentland House. Stuck between a rock and a hard stone with regards to timimings. Yes the foliage is up, but we had to contend with the Easter weekend and a certain Roayal Wedding!. Anyone interested in ongoing litter picks, please let me know. There is usually something going on most weekends.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Litter Pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Litter Pick   Litter Pick Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Litter Pick
Page 1 of 1