Midlothian Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Midlothian Forum

A place to talk about Midlothian Scotland and more

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

It might seem an odd question....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rubbereye

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-02-13

It might seem an odd question.... Empty
PostSubject: It might seem an odd question....   It might seem an odd question.... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 4:12 pm

...... But is there a rumour circulating in Midlothian to the effect that the Tooth Fairy has a boyfriend called the Poo Pixie?

It's the only explanation I can think of for a curious phenomenon I've noted. It happens in other places as well, but it seems to be happening increasingly in Midlothian.

It goes like this...... As we all know, decent and responsible dog owners "bag-it-and-bin-it". Increasingly, however, around Midlothian, dog owners seem to be bagging it then leaving it under a bush, tied to a fence, tied to the branch of a tree.......

Maybe the intention is to collect it on the way back, but that just doesn't seem to be happening. On a recent stroll along that path that eventually takes you up Skiplaw, I counted five - including one tied to a fence as described, and another up a tree. I've also noticed trees decorated thus in Roslin Glen and on the banks of Gladhouse Reservoir.

It's all very odd. So I'm left to assume that some local dog owners honestly believe that the Poo Pixie comes out at night, collects these packages and then leaves a silver sixpence in their little sh(1)te machine's basket.

It's the only logical explanation.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: It might seem an odd question....   It might seem an odd question.... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 7:10 pm

It does seem rather odd, but I take it there are enough dog waste bins in the area? There's nothing worse than the dog doing it's business after you have passed one of these bins and you have to carry it for ages until you find another one Rolling Eyes However, it is no excuse for dumping the mess even if it is in a bag.
Back to top Go down
https://midforum.editboard.com
rubbereye

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: It might seem an odd question....   It might seem an odd question.... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 7:36 pm

Admin wrote:
It does seem rather odd, but I take it there are enough dog waste bins in the area?

Actually, no!
But who wants dog waste bins all over the countryside anyway? In towns, fine, but not in the hills, in our woodland.........

I think maybe you've missed the point - or maybe I didn't make my rant clear.

Where's the logic in putting biodegradable sh(1)t into a non-biodegradable bag and leaving it under bushes, tied to fences, up trees....?

The sh(1)t will degrade quickly - the plastic bag won't.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: It might seem an odd question....   It might seem an odd question.... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 12:18 pm

If it is between leaving a mess on the ground and having plastic bags hanging from trees, I suppose that the mess on the ground is the lesser of the two evils. However, neither is really acceptable and the only possible ways to put a stop to the problem is to catch whoever is responsible or provide one or two waste bins.
Back to top Go down
https://midforum.editboard.com
bumble

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Re: It might seem an odd question....   It might seem an odd question.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 3:25 pm

i think the lack of bins is to encourage us dog owners to take our waste home with us. i always clean up after mine but find it so annoying i have to carry it for the rest of the walk. My two tend to preform at the start of the walk. if there was more bins they would be used.

you will always get the owners who seem to think they are imune and dont need to pick up, it dosnt matter how many bins there are they wont still wont use them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It might seem an odd question....   It might seem an odd question.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It might seem an odd question....
Page 1 of 1