Midlothian Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Midlothian Forum

A place to talk about Midlothian Scotland and more

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gowkley Moss Roundabout

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
omala

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2010-10-17

Gowkley Moss Roundabout Empty
PostSubject: Gowkley Moss Roundabout   Gowkley Moss Roundabout Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 3:04 pm

This intersection has had it's isses since it was opened, misaligned to A701, drivers going around it the wrong way, fatal accidents on southern approach to name but a few.

These are now compounded by A advertisemnt vehicles, Asda, Beatsons, Sainsburys etc., parked in layby at Copper Bowl distracting drivers. Yesterday 3 Ad Trucks joined by a Police Mobile Speed Camera unit parked aloong side (Unattended). Distractions surely for Gold Fish attention span drivers.

Any opinions.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Gowkley Moss Roundabout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gowkley Moss Roundabout   Gowkley Moss Roundabout Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 11:46 am

I agree that the distractions you mention are possibly dangerous and could possibly contribute to an accident. However, I still think that the main problem with the junction is at the penicuik end. In particular the fact that the road narrows when heading towards Edinburgh increases the risk of an accident. Also, a number of drivers don't use the bus lanes when they are allowed to. I have seen quite a few instances where cars have been on the outside lane, when they did not need to be. They suddenly realised that the road had narrowed and had to cut into the inside lane to avoid ending up on the other side of the road Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://midforum.editboard.com

Gowkley Moss Roundabout
Page 1 of 1