Midlothian Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Midlothian Forum

A place to talk about Midlothian Scotland and more

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tesco queensway junction

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tamdebam

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2011-12-04

Tesco queensway junction Empty
PostSubject: Tesco queensway junction   Tesco queensway junction Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 9:10 am

In the advertiser it says they are going to priorities the flow of traffic for the a701 but have you ever tried coming down queensway and turn right, you just cant unless you run a red light by the amount of traffic coming out of tesco. So changing the lights is going to make things alot worse
Back to top Go down
SamTyler

SamTyler

Number of posts : 989
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Tesco queensway junction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesco queensway junction   Tesco queensway junction Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 11:16 am

http://www.midlothianadvertiser.co.uk/news/local-headlines/fears-over-penicuik-junction-1-2559260

It is very odd how they have finally noticed that this is a problem junction because of the phasing of the lights at night, rather than because there is no signal visible to people turning right (northbound) in to Tesco or filter for those going right from the car park or Queensway. I wonder if it is actually legal to have traffic lights at a crossroads without lights on both sides of the road? I don't think I have seen any other junctions like this anywhere else? Imagine if it was not legal - the council would have to charge themselves!
Back to top Go down

Tesco queensway junction
Page 1 of 1