Midlothian Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Midlothian Forum

A place to talk about Midlothian Scotland and more

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

White Line Fever

Go down 
+2
Admin
SamTyler
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SamTyler

SamTyler

Number of posts : 989
Registration date : 2008-03-17

White Line Fever Empty
PostSubject: White Line Fever   White Line Fever Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 11:08 am

Good article on the Penicuik Cuckoo site about the white line madness on the A701. Funny how Midlothian Council are too skint to mend the roads (hoping that Taylor Wimpey will pay for it all) but have plenty of cash to spend on burning off the old lines and covering it with new ones while some junctions have no visible markings at all!

http://www.penicuikcuckoo.co.uk/2014/05/cycle-lane-pandemonium-a701/
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2007-04-28

White Line Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Line Fever   White Line Fever Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 7:59 pm

I had experience of the downside of these expanded white lines yesterday.
I was cycling up from Milton Bridge yesterday and the traffic on the other
side of the road was avoiding going over the broken lines. However, as a
bus and some other traffic on my side were overtaking me they were squeezing
me towards the kerb as they did not have enough room to avoid hitting the cars
on the other side of the road  Rolling Eyes Mad
Back to top Go down
https://midforum.editboard.com
Tamdebam

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2011-12-04

White Line Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Line Fever   White Line Fever Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 8:00 pm

They should have painted the cycle lane along the path as it would have been more safe and wide enough
Back to top Go down
SamTyler

SamTyler

White Line Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Line Fever   White Line Fever Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 12:04 pm

While the council spend money on white paint we have another serious accident on the A702 at the Mauricewood Road junction last Sunday.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/transport/baby-escapes-injury-in-penicuik-car-crash-1-3429907

http://www.penicuikcuckoo.co.uk/2014/06/lucky-escape-head-collision/

Back to top Go down
musicman

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2007-08-29

White Line Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Line Fever   White Line Fever Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 1:30 pm

If the article is right and through past experience of the cuckoo it should be 'if', I'm not sure what the council could have done to stop some lunatic driving at 100mph!
Back to top Go down
Rail Man

Rail Man

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-01-03

White Line Fever Empty
PostSubject: White line fever   White Line Fever Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 4:02 pm

Could someone please correct samtyler as the A702 is nothing to do with Penicuik and the subject of the horrific crash should not have been used in his contents maybe Hay -Ho Sad 
Back to top Go down
SamTyler

SamTyler

White Line Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Line Fever   White Line Fever Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 4:17 pm

Don't know when the A702 became nothing to do with Penicuik....houses on the A702 between Flotterstone and Silverburn come under Penicuik and have EH26 postcodes. Even the Evening News titles the article as being in Penicuik so haven't got a clue what you are on about. Do you think that these kind of things should not be reported?
 Question 
Back to top Go down
Rail Man

Rail Man

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-01-03

White Line Fever Empty
PostSubject: white line fever   White Line Fever Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 1:30 am

Hay Ho , hit a raw nerve, but the tabloids reporting of a reckless driver was not quite accurate. What we call in Penicuik the top road or A702 is a main road not leading into Penicuik, and not a speed restricted & badly marked road like the A701 leading in to Penicuik which was (? )the original point of the local issue White Line Fever.
Maybe we should get the council to have a go at the highway agencies to sort out the speed limit on the A702 all the way to Biggar and beyond or as national press reported, target young drivers who barley have a driving license and think their Lewis Hamilton, Neutral  make it harder to get a license ? ?
Sorry to rant but that's MY point.  Neutral 
Back to top Go down
Ironlung

Ironlung

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-06-20

White Line Fever Empty
PostSubject: You utter twonk Railman   White Line Fever Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 1:25 am

It is perfecly obvious to the most inexperienced driver that there is a dodgy piece of twisty road and a junction to deal with, the clue is in the signs.  By the way, having driven in England recently, reacting to warning bendy signs is almost unnecessary, but Scottish bendy signs generally mean it.

BTW not "their " but "they're", maybe.  I know, call me a pedantic old git.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

White Line Fever Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Line Fever   White Line Fever Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

White Line Fever
Page 1 of 1