Midlothian Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Midlothian Forum

A place to talk about Midlothian Scotland and more

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A close call

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2007-04-28

A close call Empty
PostSubject: A close call   A close call Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 7:38 pm

I went for a walk today and ended up at the Edinburgh Technopole. There are road works
there with a 4-way traffic light system. A large number of cars were coming from left to
right and there was a car opposite me waiting to go. My first thought was which way
was he going to turn, as he did not have his indicator on. I then wondered how he
would know it was safe to go as there was no traffic light next to him. However, no
sooner had the traffic stopped coming but I could hear and see a police car coming
from the left with it's blues and twos going. The next thing the car in front of me started
to move and it was obviously turning right, into the path of the police car. I stretched
out my hand to tell him to stop but he just ignored me and carried on Shocked  Luckily
the police car slowed slightly and the other car just had enough of a gap in the road to
pull over and miss the police car.  I then carried on crossing the road. A few seconds later
though I again heard the blues and twos and turned round to see the police car had turned
round and was now pursuing the car that had narrowly missed them.
Back to top Go down
https://midforum.editboard.com
SamTyler

SamTyler

Number of posts : 989
Registration date : 2008-03-17

A close call Empty
PostSubject: Re: A close call   A close call Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 8:15 pm

And this is probably where the police car was originally going to:

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/children-in-hospital-after-crash-closes-a702-1-3698210

A few more traffic police around might make the roads a bit safer!
Back to top Go down

A close call
Page 1 of 1