Midlothian Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Midlothian Forum

A place to talk about Midlothian Scotland and more

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Beeslck Woods Clean Up

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Beeslck Woods Clean Up Empty
PostSubject: Beeslck Woods Clean Up   Beeslck Woods Clean Up Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 8:34 pm

12th April 2008. Meet at Ladywood Centre. 9.00am til Noon Gloves provided and a plate of stovies afterwards. Spread the word. You can sit oan yor bum and moan................ or do something about it
Back to top Go down
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Beeslck Woods Clean Up   Beeslck Woods Clean Up Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 5:19 am

Just a wee reminder about Saturday's event. Would be gret to see lots of locals there and see that WE!! can make a difference!!
Back to top Go down
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Beeslck Woods Clean Up   Beeslck Woods Clean Up Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 6:01 pm

Penicuik has a population of 15000. Guess how many residents of Penicuik turned up today ??????? 15!! This included 2 Germans and a resident who only moved here 2 months ago! If I had a £ for everyone who has stopped me since last year's event to say " Chris great idea, sorry I couldn't make it though, I had to do this, I had to do that It's shocking something should be done about it, I blame the school kids blah blah blah blah" Be warned........... if anyone approaches me in the near future with the same lame excuses........... be ready for both barrels. Further events will be undertaken, It is too important to give up on.
Anyone got some origiginal excuses I haven't heard about? It was raining............ so what?
Back to top Go down
musicman

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Beeslck Woods Clean Up   Beeslck Woods Clean Up Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 9:26 pm

I think it's a great idea what you organise, if it wasn't for folk such as your good self then the Beeslack woods would now resemble more of a landfil site than a wood. Maybe though there is a slight element of 'whats the point', given that come Monday the kids won't even think twice before huring empty tins of juice and sweetie papers back into the woods. I'll admit this isn't much of an excuse if we really do take a pride in what our local area looks like, maybe time to tidy other parts of the town which might raise a bit more interest..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beeslck Woods Clean Up   Beeslck Woods Clean Up Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beeslck Woods Clean Up
Page 1 of 1