Midlothian Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Midlothian Forum

A place to talk about Midlothian Scotland and more

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tell me I'm not dreaming.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rubbereye

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-02-13

Tell me I'm not dreaming. Empty
PostSubject: Tell me I'm not dreaming.   Tell me I'm not dreaming. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 5:11 pm

I saw it with my own eyes, honest. Someone opening a new shop in the precinct! Not, not a takeaway or a hairdresser - an actual shop!.

And what's more, I honestly believe it has a good chance of success! It's a fishing tackle shop. Now, if you don't fish, you might not appreciate just how much fishing goes on around here. There's Edgelaw, Glencorse, Loganlea, that wee place near Rosewell; the Tweed's not far away.....

But, if you need tackle, you have to travel to Edinburgh, Musselburgh or Peeples - until now, that is.

I had a look round. The game fishing stuff's good quality - Gray's, Hardy;s etc. He also caters for the sea angler and coarse angler too. And he's hoping to be able to sell permits soon.

Now, if someone would just do something for the hill walkers, clay pidgeon shooters etc.....

Anyway, best wishes for success to our brand new and much needed tackle shop!
Back to top Go down
SamTyler

SamTyler

Number of posts : 989
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Tell me I'm not dreaming.   Tell me I'm not dreaming. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 10:29 pm

cyclops
Yes, you did see it. Fishers opened on 27th June and will hopefully be a success since they are not burdened with high rent from LJR Properties like the shops on the other side of the road.
I did not realise there were so many places to fish locally. Good luck to them and may there be more places like that.
PS: I did hear a rumour that one of the butchers from Peebles might be looking to open in Penicuik which would be good as there would be sufficient demand here.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Tell me I'm not dreaming.   Tell me I'm not dreaming. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 7:50 am

That is indeed good news. I am not really interested in fishing, but I know a man who is Smile
Back to top Go down
https://midforum.editboard.com
Basil

Basil

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Tell me I'm not dreaming.   Tell me I'm not dreaming. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 9:16 am

It is indeed nice to see a different type of shop opening. Also one less empty shop in the precint....but no the pet shop is shut now !
Back to top Go down
SamTyler

SamTyler

PostSubject: Re: Tell me I'm not dreaming.   Tell me I'm not dreaming. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 7:20 pm

...and another one "opening soon" with Cafe Prega (hopefully that is the right spelling) coming at the clock tower. Good luck and nice to see businesses opening for a change.
Back to top Go down
Basil

Basil

PostSubject: Re: Tell me I'm not dreaming.   Tell me I'm not dreaming. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 8:34 am

Does anybody know what is happening at the old Joe's Shu bar ?
There is work going on in there now
Back to top Go down
rubbereye

PostSubject: Re: Tell me I'm not dreaming.   Tell me I'm not dreaming. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 12:26 pm

Accordung to one of the workmen, it's to be a "takeaway."

Across the road, where the junk shop used to be (and before that it was Wilson's) there is also work in progress.............. It's taking on the look of another takeaway.
Back to top Go down
Basil

Basil

PostSubject: Re: Tell me I'm not dreaming.   Tell me I'm not dreaming. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 12:30 pm

Good grief, that will mean 3 new takeaways in the space of 10 yards !
Back to top Go down
musicman

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Tell me I'm not dreaming.   Tell me I'm not dreaming. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 12:57 pm

Seems alot of originality when it comes to setting up new businesses (not!), I hope that they all make a go of it and more importantly make a sucess. I can't help but feel though we may at saturation point of food places.. Smile
Back to top Go down
rubbereye

PostSubject: Re: Tell me I'm not dreaming.   Tell me I'm not dreaming. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 12:33 pm

rubbereye wrote:
Accordung to one of the workmen, it's to be a "takeaway."

Across the road, where the junk shop used to be (and before that it was Wilson's) there is also work in progress.............. It's taking on the look of another takeaway.

On the door of the one on the other side of the street from Joe's Shoe Bar, someone has written Corfu Kebabs.
Back to top Go down
rubbereye

PostSubject: Re: Tell me I'm not dreaming.   Tell me I'm not dreaming. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 5:06 pm

A quick update after talking to some workmen.

The old BNC Autoparts will be flats. The wee place behind it will indeed be a kebab shop.

Whether you consider thus next bit of news good, bad or neutral is up to you. Joe's Shoe Bar won't be a takeaway after all. It'll be a hairdresser - presumably a hairdresser with chairs especially adapted to accomodate lard-arsed, pear-shaped Penicuikers, too bloated from eating nought but kebabs and Kentucky Fried Chicken, to fit into normal chairs.
Back to top Go down
musicman

PostSubject: Re: Tell me I'm not dreaming.   Tell me I'm not dreaming. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 9:10 pm

It's good for people starting business, it's good for keeping units occupied and if regularly used its probably going to be good for the Weightwatcher classes that get run..
Back to top Go down
SamTyler

SamTyler

PostSubject: Re: Tell me I'm not dreaming.   Tell me I'm not dreaming. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 10:58 pm

Work now started to install a gas supply at the former bookies near Tesco so it can open as a takeaway. Bet it will do well with the Beeslack kids (though Tesco and the Health-police will not be happy!)
Back to top Go down
musicman

PostSubject: Re: Tell me I'm not dreaming.   Tell me I'm not dreaming. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 9:58 pm

I see a sign has been put up at saying that an 'Indian Takeaway' is opening soon, can't see that being much of an issue at lunchtimes..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tell me I'm not dreaming.   Tell me I'm not dreaming. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tell me I'm not dreaming.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Midlothian Forum :: Midlothian Local Issues-
Jump to: