Midlothian Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Midlothian Forum

A place to talk about Midlothian Scotland and more

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Postal Delivery Service

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SamTyler

SamTyler

Number of posts : 989
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Postal Delivery Service Empty
PostSubject: Postal Delivery Service   Postal Delivery Service Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 8:36 am

Anyone else care to relate how their mail delivery is performing at the moment. On Greenlaw Mains, Penicuik we got our mail delivered at 1.30pm on Saturday then at 4.30pm !!!!! on Wednesday.
I guess this is the new, improved service we are always hearing about from Royal Mail
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
happycamper

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Postal Delivery Service   Postal Delivery Service Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 12:30 pm

You are so right not ideal at all. But please don't blame the posties. Posties are being asked to cover more than one route because of the cutbacks and no overtime is being paid. In addition to that it is prime holiday time and people are off ill. The local office is stretched to the limit. Yes moan and protest but do it by the offical channels - managers at the offices and mps etc but don't blame the person posting through your door - these guys need your support.
Back to top Go down
SamTyler

SamTyler

PostSubject: Re: Postal Delivery Service   Postal Delivery Service Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 5:09 pm

So it seems that once again we have the people who do the actual work getting all the flak while the big bosses with their huge salaries, gold-plated pensions and massive "reward for failure" bonuses sit back. If the problem keeps happening I will certainly take it up with management, just to see what excuses they come up with.
Back to top Go down
SamTyler

SamTyler

PostSubject: Re: Postal Delivery Service   Postal Delivery Service Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 4:53 pm

Has anyone else had problems with non-delivery of mail this week. No post at all for me at Greenlaw Mains on Monday or Tuesday and I have quite a few things due from ebay.
I checked the Royal Mail website which said that the strike only affected Dalkeith and things should be "normal" today

The mail arrived .........at 6.15pm Tuesday. That beats the previous record of 4.30pm. I look forward to tomorrows delivery What a Face
Back to top Go down
happycamper

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Postal Delivery Service   Postal Delivery Service Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 12:47 pm

This is because sorting offices around the country were on strike Firday and Saturday. Although Penicuik was not on strike because others were, they got little mail on saturday but this had the knock on of all the mail arriving at their office for delivery yesterday. It was a public holiday on Monday so no deliveries. Think of the poor postie who has been on the go since 5am and still delivering at 6pm!!! Once again, don't blame the postie - complain to Royal Mail. It is only set to get worse - and there could be more strike action as all members are being balloted this week.
Back to top Go down
new_age

new_age

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Postal Delivery Service   Postal Delivery Service Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 8:48 am

Does it matter what time you get your post if you are at work all day anyway?
Back to top Go down
SamTyler

SamTyler

PostSubject: Re: Postal Delivery Service   Postal Delivery Service Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 1:57 pm

It does matter if you work from home and are waiting for deliveries, invoices, cheques etc. It is especially annoying when the post comes at 9.30am one day then 2.30pm the next.

It seems Royal Mail are a "lions led by donkeys" business now with the bosses hiding away safely in their bunkers while the postmen take the flak on the front line. Sack a few of the bosses and they could save millions
Back to top Go down
new_age

new_age

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Postal Delivery Service   Postal Delivery Service Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 3:26 pm

I think the Royal Mail and PO in general are trying to cut costs and streamline as much as pos in readiness for privateisation. I think the worse is yet to come to be honest. If you dont want to see it privatised, make sure you raise your protest with your local MP at the HoC - dont let Mandleson have is way with the post office and privatise it.
Back to top Go down
musicman

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Postal Delivery Service   Postal Delivery Service Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 7:51 pm

Always thought there was a Sunday pick up from the post office post box, apparently not though (probably hasn't been for years). Be interesting to see what happens with all this strike thread. Folk always knock the posties, but I ordered items on-line last Saturday afternoon online, was told they would take 5-7 days to arrive as being send via the standard post - Received them on Wednesday! With service like that I cannot complain (dispatched on Monday according to supplier). Just a shame that the proposed action is more likely to cause them harm than good going forward.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Postal Delivery Service   Postal Delivery Service Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Postal Delivery Service
Page 1 of 1