Midlothian Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Midlothian Forum

A place to talk about Midlothian Scotland and more

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chips

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
musicman

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Chips Empty
PostSubject: Chips   Chips Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 2:01 pm

Having been on my travels lately I have had the pleasure and indeed displeasure of sampling different chip shops.
The best chips I had were from the 'Anstruther Fish Bar', Anstruther - 10 out of 10, also a nice location to eat them sitting in the harbour.
The worst I have had were from our very own 'Pennycook takeaway', 1 out 10 is probably being too generous, chips that looked like they had been floating in the frier for way too long with the ability to squeeze some of them and watch the grease ebb out - How do they manage it. As an middle of the road chippie I also sampled some in Pitlochry, they rate a 7 out of 10 but I do have to ask as to why some chippies insist on battering white pudding's, it just ain't natural and completely ruins the taste. A well back to the lighter, nutricious and possibly more healthy food now Laughing
Back to top Go down
Basil

Basil

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-06-17

Chips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chips   Chips Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 3:59 pm

I agree, the Pennycook is truly bad. The new Olympia chippy is not much better.
Jim Jack's (old Big Ebs) in Peebles is excellent, as is the one in Calender (left side northbound)
Back to top Go down

Chips
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Midlothian Forum :: The Lounge-
Jump to: