Midlothian Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Midlothian Forum

A place to talk about Midlothian Scotland and more

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A702 Overnight Closure

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SamTyler

SamTyler

Number of posts : 989
Registration date : 2008-03-17

A702 Overnight Closure Empty
PostSubject: A702 Overnight Closure   A702 Overnight Closure Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 11:53 am

Lothian Region - A702 Crosshouse - Easter Howgate Resurfacing Works for 5 nights from Monday 12th October

Overnight works start Monday 12th October 2009

A programme of resurfacing works is to be carried out on the A702 between Crosshouse and Easter Howgate. Works will run for five nights, starting on Monday 12th October. Works are weather dependant.

The £130,000 Transport Scotland funded works will involve the resurfacing of the two-lane carriageway.

The works will be carried out overnight, between 20:00hrs and 06:30hrs, to minimise road user disruption.

The A702 will be closed to all traffic for the safety of both roads crews and road users.

Diversion during A702 closure will be via Penicuik on the A703 and the A766 between Hillend and Nine Mile Burn.

http://www.trafficscotland.org/news/index.aspx?id=1279

If only they would resurface some of the other roads around here!!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: A702 Overnight Closure   A702 Overnight Closure Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 7:05 pm

Perhaps that explains the sign at the bottom of Mauricewood road which is pointing to the Flotterstone inn.
Back to top Go down
https://midforum.editboard.com
musicman

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Re: A702 Overnight Closure   A702 Overnight Closure Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 7:45 pm

Certainly does seem to be a number of diversion signs around. Was through Roslin today and I'm sure there is a sign saying that work is due to commence on the road through the Glen - I say I'm sure as I just caught view of the sign as the bus trundled passed so couldn't really slow down or stop to see if I read it right or not.
Finally, the bus terminus at Hillend is closed for roadworks, southbound the carriageway is narrow but northbound traffic as to drive through the area where the buses normally turn as the road is dug up in the middle. When the bus went round it today I wondered how big artics would deal with it, seemed to be a very tight turn!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A702 Overnight Closure   A702 Overnight Closure Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A702 Overnight Closure
Page 1 of 1