Midlothian Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Midlothian Forum

A place to talk about Midlothian Scotland and more

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just wondering

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
musicman

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Just wondering Empty
PostSubject: Just wondering   Just wondering Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 8:50 pm

Tonight heading home on the bus as we came through the traffic lights at Ikea a Merc driver decided that no matter what, they where going to get past the bus even if it involved driving onto the wrong side of the road then darting in front of the bus causing the bus driver to hit the brakes (and a long hard honk on the horn)! Anyway approaching Ploverhall I was watching the traffic and wondered why when car drivers insist on keeping out of bus lanes along the A701 either during operating hours or not they seem to ignore the lane approaching the lights there. I know it makes it easier but it's the one bit of bus lane that most drivers (myself included) use no matter what time of day. Perhaps I should get a book to occupy the mind instead.....
Back to top Go down
SamTyler

SamTyler

Number of posts : 989
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Just wondering Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just wondering   Just wondering Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 10:22 am

Sounds like pretty normal behaviour from the Merc driver! The thing they often forget is that all the buses have CCTV now so if anything happens then it is quite easy for Lothian Buses to prove who was to blame - amazing how many claims are dropped when this is mentioned!

The Ploverhall junction (like most of the new A701 bus lanes) is pretty stupid as the left lane is the bus lane, but you have to use that one as the right lane is for turning on to the A703! Whoever "designed" it probably never went to the actual location. You would expect with the time it took to complete the project, they could at least get it right! (Ooops, forgot it was the cooncil we were talking about there)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Just wondering Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just wondering   Just wondering Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 7:18 pm

When funds are running low they'll probably arrange for a trap to be set and then catch everyone using the bus lane at Ploverhall when they shouldn't Smile
Back to top Go down
https://midforum.editboard.com
Sponsored content

Just wondering Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just wondering   Just wondering Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just wondering
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Midlothian Forum :: Midlothian Local Issues-
Jump to: