Midlothian Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Midlothian Forum

A place to talk about Midlothian Scotland and more

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How difficult can it be to mend a tumble drier?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2007-04-28

How difficult can it be to mend a tumble drier? Empty
PostSubject: How difficult can it be to mend a tumble drier?   How difficult can it be to mend a tumble drier? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 7:03 pm

Last weekend my wife told me that a bath mat had become stuck in the tumble drier in the garage. When I checked it, I found that the drum was not turning round so I decided that the belt must be broken. I eventually took the drier apart to see if I could fix it myself and found that it seemed that I could. I then found that Comet could supply me with a new belt and promptly sent for it. It was £13 inc postage for a new belt or £200 for a new drier, so it seemed like a no brainer.

Finally after a week of fighting our way through piles of washing drying around the house, the belt arrived today. I checked that the numbers on the belt matched the old one and got to work. I carefully manoeuvered the belt around the drum and only managed to cut three fingers and a knuckle in the process Rolling Eyes I then decided that the bleeding wasn't going to stop and had to put some plasters on. I could see that the distance between the belt and the motor was about 6 inches and there was hardly any slack in the belt. I then press ganged my younger son to assist me and with the help of heat gun and a great deal of brute strength we finally managed to fit the belt on. Only to discover that when rotating it there was a screeching sound due to the drum having detached itself from around the door Evil or Very Mad We then had to take the belt off the motor, fix the drum and start again.

After a great deal more brute strength and making sure that the drum didn't move we finally succeeded cheers It still took us another half an hour to fix the side of the drier back on and to decide where the extra screws we had left should go. However, the job is now done and everyone lived happily ever after Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://midforum.editboard.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2007-04-28

How difficult can it be to mend a tumble drier? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How difficult can it be to mend a tumble drier?   How difficult can it be to mend a tumble drier? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 7:11 pm

As if having problems with the tumble drier wasn't enough, the next thing to go was my Aspire One netbook. After loaning it to one of the kids it would only boot up as far as a nice baby blue screen and then nothing Sad However, I don't blame her Twisted Evil After some contemplation I decided that the SD disk must have packed in. I therefore had two choices. Buy a new/refurbished netbook costing £125 or take it apart and replace the disk. I decided that I had nothing to lose by taking it apart and found a video on youtube that showed me where all the secret screws were and managed to dismantle it without any damage Smile Then, after rummaging around on Ebay I finally found someone selling what I needed for £26.

It finally arrived and after restoring the necessary software etc it is now as good as new Very Happy

I also had a problem with one of the phones in the living room which lost the connection. I had to buy a new cable to replace the link it to the phone outlet which was in the hall. Strangely enough before it packed in it was crackley and someone calling the house couldn't hear if it was ringing. I reported it to BT online and coincidently the day after I fixed the phone, I received a response saying that they had fixed the fault. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://midforum.editboard.com

How difficult can it be to mend a tumble drier?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Midlothian Forum :: The Lounge-
Jump to: