Midlothian Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Midlothian Forum

A place to talk about Midlothian Scotland and more

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Odd buttons

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ironlung

Ironlung

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Odd buttons Empty
PostSubject: Odd buttons   Odd buttons Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 11:57 pm

What are the "Download" and "Play Now" buttons prominently positioned at the top of each page?
My interweb paranoia has kicked in, there is no way I'm inviting them in!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1301
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Odd buttons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd buttons   Odd buttons Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 11:27 am

I'm not sure about "Download" and "Play Now" buttons at the top of pages but I usually have "Buy now" ones. Also, they only seem to appear when your are not logged in. I guess the people who provide the facilities for this forum need some kind of income. This is why there is a certain amount of advertising, which you can happily ignore if you wish. I think that there is a way to "hide" it but it is probably more hassle than it is worth.
Back to top Go down
https://midforum.editboard.com
SamTyler

SamTyler

Number of posts : 989
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Odd buttons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd buttons   Odd buttons Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 9:11 am

I clicked on the DOWNLOAD and PLAY NOW buttons which caused my Avira anti-virus to kick in and prevent "Xvidsetup" from downloading on my machine so it seems best to avoid them.
Normally the adverts are for eBay or Crucial and keep coming up with items I have been looking at earlier on!
Back to top Go down
Ironlung

Ironlung

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Odd buttons Empty
PostSubject: Brave explorer   Odd buttons Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 10:05 pm

Well done sir, there was no way I was clicking on them, you must have been confident in your protection, or just prepared to "take one for the team" cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Odd buttons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd buttons   Odd buttons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Odd buttons
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Midlothian Forum :: Technical Issues-
Jump to: