Midlothian Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Midlothian Forum

A place to talk about Midlothian Scotland and more

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dog Walkers/Minders.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
omala

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2010-10-17

Dog Walkers/Minders. Empty
PostSubject: Dog Walkers/Minders.   Dog Walkers/Minders. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 11:19 am

A recent survey took me a number of hidden locations in Midlothian; parks, cycle ways, walkways and areas of natural beauty. I was amazed by the number of Dog minder/walkers who arrived in vans with up to 8 dogs in them, exercised and evacuated, then packed back in the van. During our brief summer; I observed that all but one van did not have a ventilator. I wondered if there is any legislation covering the movement of dogs in numbers and their welfare and what sureties the owners have as to the treatment of their pets.

Can anyone answer this for me?

Last edited by omala on Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chris

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Dog Walkers/Minders.   Dog Walkers/Minders. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 7:48 pm

Dog Walker/Minder with vent on van! Spaces available. Pm me for competitive rates
Back to top Go down
omala

PostSubject: Re: Dog Walkers/Minders.   Dog Walkers/Minders. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 11:00 am

[quote="omala I wondered if there is any legislation covering the movement of dogs in numbers and their welfare and what sureties the owners have as to the treatment of their pets.

Can anyone answer this for me?[/quote]
Back to top Go down
omala

PostSubject: Re: Dog Walkers/Minders.   Dog Walkers/Minders. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 11:04 am

Thanks Chris, perhaps you can answer the above question.
Further, is there a requirement for Public Liability Insurance cover.
Do you and your fellows act in Vicarious Liability when you are in charge of the animals.

Should this activity be licensed by Local Authority?
Back to top Go down
Chris

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Dog Walkers/Minders.   Dog Walkers/Minders. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 7:35 am

Omala, have you tried Google? You might find your answers there. I personally have PLI, but I can't answer for others. Good luck with your enquiries.
Back to top Go down
omala

PostSubject: Re: Dog Walkers/Minders.   Dog Walkers/Minders. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 11:05 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dog Walkers/Minders.   Dog Walkers/Minders. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dog Walkers/Minders.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Midlothian Forum :: Midlothian Local Issues-
Jump to: