Midlothian Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Midlothian Forum

A place to talk about Midlothian Scotland and more

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Council Strike next Wed

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bumble

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Council Strike next Wed Empty
PostSubject: Council Strike next Wed   Council Strike next Wed Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 8:37 pm

Anyone have any details about the proposed council strike on the 20th. I know the leisure center will be closing and assuming the library with it but what about the schools as it is the first day back?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Council Strike next Wed   Council Strike next Wed Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 12:29 am

I have not heard anything about schools. However, as the teachers are in a different union, it may not affect them.
Back to top Go down
https://midforum.editboard.com
bumble

PostSubject: Re: Council Strike next Wed   Council Strike next Wed Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 9:08 am

Hi

its not so much the teachers but the caretakers and dinner ladies. Will the schools still open if they are not working?

Of course I am assuming they all come under the same council union. Its not a big deal for me if my two dont go back on Wed after all this time whats another day. But i feel so sorry for the little ones who are starting p1 and have been looking forward to it for so long.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Council Strike next Wed   Council Strike next Wed Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 11:33 pm

According to the council's website most schools will be closed but there are some that will be open http://www.midlothian.gov.uk//Article.aspx?TopicId=0&ArticleId=22372

I notice that the recycling bins that are usually collected on a Wednesday are not being collected for another week Shocked That will be very inconvenient for some of us Sad
Back to top Go down
https://midforum.editboard.com
bumble

PostSubject: Re: Council Strike next Wed   Council Strike next Wed Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 8:42 am

Thanks for the link at least we know.

I think though this strike has not been publicised. I only know about it because of my work when I mentioned it to a few mums whos wee ones were starting school on Wed they had no idea. I wonder how many others will be in the same boat.

O well another day of the little darlings at home. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Council Strike next Wed   Council Strike next Wed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Council Strike next Wed
Page 1 of 1