Midlothian Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Midlothian Forum

A place to talk about Midlothian Scotland and more

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Keep Penicuik Tidy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Keep Penicuik Tidy Empty
PostSubject: Keep Penicuik Tidy   Keep Penicuik Tidy Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 7:35 pm

Just a wee reminder for tomorrow. 9.30am YMCA Queensway. Gloves litter pickers and a bacon roll
Back to top Go down
pitsgate

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2007-09-01

Keep Penicuik Tidy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep Penicuik Tidy   Keep Penicuik Tidy Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:30 pm

I'll be there, Chris

MJ
Back to top Go down
Chris

Keep Penicuik Tidy Empty
PostSubject: Keep Penicuik Tidy   Keep Penicuik Tidy Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 3:37 pm

I would like to thank those volunteers who turned up today to help make a difference to Penicuik. However, stil a very poor turnout when you consider the population of Penicuik. You still have another 2 chances to do your bit. Next Saturday Lowrie's Den and the following Saturday at Beeslack Woods 9.30am

A specila mention to Mike and Andy (forum members) who put in a fair shift!

Thanks again
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Keep Penicuik Tidy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep Penicuik Tidy   Keep Penicuik Tidy Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 pm

Thanks, I'm knackered Smile After finishing with the litter pick, I cycled home and went with my wife for the weekly shop. After that I went for a cycle to Bonnyrigg and now I've just finished washing the car Sleep

I take it you managed to find the pile of rubbish I left at the top of the steps. I was really puffed out trying to tell you, after managing to dislodge the large plastic sheet from halfway down the slope.
Back to top Go down
https://midforum.editboard.com
Chris

Keep Penicuik Tidy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep Penicuik Tidy   Keep Penicuik Tidy Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 7:00 pm

Andy, I tip my hat to you. I have sitten on my erse all afternoon. Even reading your post made me tired!! The CSO team was dispatched this afternoon to clear up the rest of the litter. I have another team tomorrow to clear up any traglers.

thanks again
Back to top Go down
Chris

Keep Penicuik Tidy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep Penicuik Tidy   Keep Penicuik Tidy Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 7:01 pm

That would be straglers!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Keep Penicuik Tidy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep Penicuik Tidy   Keep Penicuik Tidy Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 7:14 pm

That's fine, thanks. I have a nice bottle of wine chilling at the moment and a film to watch. I just hope I don't fall asleep and miss the end Smile
Back to top Go down
https://midforum.editboard.com
Chris

Keep Penicuik Tidy Empty
PostSubject: Keep Penicuik Tidy   Keep Penicuik Tidy Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 7:20 pm

Great turnout today. Over 50 volunteers. Scouts, Cubs and the local churches. Helped by the fact that Greggs Penicuik donated 100 bars of caramel shortcake (rrp 79p). Nice to see a wee smile when the volunteers were handed a wee treat at the end. Tesco, Somerfield, Greggs, Farmfoods all donated refreshments. Very disappointing that LIDL declined to participate. Some photos here

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/leavyc/KeepPenicuikTidy#

Get yirsel doon ti Tesco car park Saturday 24th and grab yourself a bacon roll, cup of tea and a Greggs Caramel Shortcake. If we can clear that much with 50 volunteers, imagine the difference with 100?
Back to top Go down
Chris

Keep Penicuik Tidy Empty
PostSubject: Keep Penicuik Tidy   Keep Penicuik Tidy Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 7:36 pm

Another wee reminder 9.30am tomorrow 24th meet at Tesco car park. You can sit in your bum and do nothing..........or get off yir bum and make a difference to Penicuik
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Keep Penicuik Tidy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep Penicuik Tidy   Keep Penicuik Tidy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Keep Penicuik Tidy
Page 1 of 1