Midlothian Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Midlothian Forum

A place to talk about Midlothian Scotland and more

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Town Crier

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Town Crier Empty
PostSubject: Town Crier   Town Crier Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 9:07 pm

Did anyone else shake their head in disbelief at the contribution from Penicuik Crime Prevention Panel?
Drug dealing, attempted murders, , vandalism, theft, fly tipping, graffiti and what is their contribution? Cycling on pavements? Why Oh Why Oh Why? Angry from Penicuik. Waste of time and money
Back to top Go down
RogerRabbit

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-12-23

Town Crier Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town Crier   Town Crier Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 9:55 pm

You could always get the CC representative on the CPP to do something about it, Chris.
Always assuming the CC still has a representative on the CPP and that she isn't just sitting there doing ****-all like she has done for the last 20 years.
The CPP has been a waste of space for ages. We all thought when Old Stoneface was finally dumped that things would improve but apparently not.
Back to top Go down
SamTyler

SamTyler

Number of posts : 989
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Town Crier Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town Crier   Town Crier Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 10:28 pm

Seems like I have missed something as I don't have a clue what this is all about? Have our local papers not reported any of these incidents since I am not aware of any recently? It would be nice if we could get a little more information

Question
Back to top Go down
omala

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2010-10-17

Town Crier Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town Crier   Town Crier Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 6:42 pm

Chris, I thought it was just me. For years now, no reflection on the Town Crier, I have seen various organisations crow about their good works. Most of which is in their heads. If Sam Tyler is blissfully unaware of any serious crime that may or not have been prevented. Read the Advertiser, it regularly reports on misdeeds that occur in Panicuik. Read the Court Column and Crime beat. Failing that take a walk at night in Penicuik, visit a few pubs and hear what is going on. Hear about random attacks on sole males out at night, including serving soldiers. Vehicles stolen in Cornbank, abusive children harassing the innocent outside Tesc, I am not trying to paint a bleak image of Penicuik just nudging the pompous.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Town Crier Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town Crier   Town Crier Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Town Crier
Page 1 of 1