Midlothian Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Midlothian Forum

A place to talk about Midlothian Scotland and more

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Penicuik Pentque Club

Go down 
+2
rubbereye
omala
6 posters
AuthorMessage
omala

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2010-10-17

Penicuik Pentque Club Empty
PostSubject: Penicuik Pentque Club   Penicuik Pentque Club Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 7:53 pm

I heard through a neighbour that there is a proposed Pentaque Club in Penicuik. Ayone in the know?

Back to top Go down
rubbereye

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Penicuik Pentque Club   Penicuik Pentque Club Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 9:10 pm

Wharra load o' auld boules.

Actually, if you hear any more, and as long as no one takes it too seriously, please tell us about it.

When the weather allows, we often have a game here in the garden - but it just isn't the same as playing on a proper wee pitch. I'd certainly be interested.
Back to top Go down
omala

PostSubject: Re: Penicuik Pentque Club   Penicuik Pentque Club Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 6:46 pm

Thanks rubber eye, aparently there is a website in the making but I am floundering trying to find it, seems Penicuik has a petanque team as it is mentioned on other sites.
Back to top Go down
brownt

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Penicuik Pentque Club   Penicuik Pentque Club Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 8:43 pm

Back to top Go down
omala

PostSubject: Re: Penicuik Pentque Club   Penicuik Pentque Club Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 8:50 pm

Thanks, I'll check it out.
Back to top Go down
pitsgate

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Penicuik Pentque Club   Penicuik Pentque Club Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 10:57 am

Yes, that's sound typical. I move to France and within three months somebody in Penicuik starts a Pétanque Club. Sheeesh!
Back to top Go down
omala

PostSubject: Re: Penicuik Pentque Club   Penicuik Pentque Club Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 2:26 pm

Update on Pentanque scene, the man behind it, Colin, is planning an open day in the Spring. Hoping to scout for talent to engage in an event in August Vs a team from L'isle sur La Sorgue.
Back to top Go down
ColinJS

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-01-14

PostSubject: Hello   Penicuik Pentque Club Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 2:25 pm

Hi folks

I came across this forum by accident to find a discussion about Penicuik Petanque Club. I am the one trying to get this off the ground. At present I have heard of quite a few people interested in joining. The idea this club will be for anyone, social players, competition players etc. I will be in the bar at the Navaar House Hotel at 3 p.m. on Sunday 23rd January if you would like to come along and meet me and others who might be interested. Or you can email me at info@penicuikpetanque.org.uk for more info.

Website is at this link - the previous link is broken due to some changes I had to make to the site. There's a Facebook page too and if you use Twitter you can follow @penipetanque

The plan is to have an Open Day in April, and hopefully arrange a competition to coincide with the Twinning visit in August.

Cheers
Colin Stewart
Penicuik Petanque
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Penicuik Pentque Club   Penicuik Pentque Club Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 6:45 pm

Hi Colin and welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
https://midforum.editboard.com
ColinJS

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-01-14

PostSubject: Open Day - 3rd April   Penicuik Pentque Club Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 1:23 pm

Hi folks
Penicuik Petanque Club open day is on 3rd April from 1.30 to 4.30 at the Navaar House Hotel. Hope to see some of you there.
Cheers
Colin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Penicuik Pentque Club   Penicuik Pentque Club Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Penicuik Pentque Club
Page 1 of 1