Midlothian Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Midlothian Forum

A place to talk about Midlothian Scotland and more

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A Cash strapped council....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
musicman

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2007-08-29

A Cash strapped council.... Empty
PostSubject: A Cash strapped council....   A Cash strapped council.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 1:28 pm

Was reading in the latest copy of the Town Crier that the council are refurbishing the flower beds along John Street, the section from opposite the Shottstown Miners along to the Tesco petrol station so that they can plant and provide a colourful feature for locals and visitors alike. Apparently they where full of red roses years back, I certainly can't remember that but I guess it depends on how many years... Just can't help but think there are better things to spend the money on, especially in the current climate. Also in the article was the suggestion of looking at sticking a filter in at the traffic lights at Tesco's for traffic turning right into the car park, good idea..
Back to top Go down
SamTyler

SamTyler

Number of posts : 989
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: A Cash strapped council....   A Cash strapped council.... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 5:11 pm

Hopefully the plan for a filter on the Tesco traffic lights will happen - I cannot understand why this was not put in place ages ago. Surely the council could squeeze some dosh out of Tesco to cover the costs and make the road much safer.
Back to top Go down
musicman

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Re: A Cash strapped council....   A Cash strapped council.... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 10:21 am

The story so far;

All the flower beds have been dug out, kerbing replaced and filled back in again with what looks like sand (all together now, "oh we do like to be beside....")

Now there are large plant pots that have been placed on the sand with what looks like artwork on them, must inspect properly though not much chance of that when bleery eyed and heading to the bus stop in the morning!

Back to top Go down
Lightlevel

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: A Cash strapped council....   A Cash strapped council.... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 10:42 pm

I hear that all the new small trees in the new planters on Edinburgh Road were
Pinched last Monday night - typical Penicuik mentality - you try and do something
different in the town and it gets nicked or vandalised!!
Hope this does not stop the council or Councillor Wilson from trying to make our
public realm better.
I bet the CCTV is still out of action!!
Back to top Go down
SamTyler

SamTyler

Number of posts : 989
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: A Cash strapped council....   A Cash strapped council.... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 11:12 am

I wondered what had happened to them - full story here:
http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/edinburgh/robbers_make_off_with_plantings_on_busy_main_street_1_1986819

Let us hope they catch the scum then "plant" them in place of the missing trees!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Cash strapped council....   A Cash strapped council.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Cash strapped council....
Page 1 of 1