Midlothian Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Midlothian Forum

A place to talk about Midlothian Scotland and more

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Police activity at Beeslack

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Police activity at Beeslack Empty
PostSubject: Police activity at Beeslack   Police activity at Beeslack Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 7:20 pm

When I went to the shops this morning I noticed that there were a couple of police cars hovering about Beeslack layby/stables. Does anyone know what was going on?
Back to top Go down
https://midforum.editboard.com
Squirrel's Revenge

Squirrel's Revenge

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-04-08

PostSubject: The Penicuik Flasher?   Police activity at Beeslack Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 10:52 pm

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Police activity at Beeslack   Police activity at Beeslack Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 8:26 am

Thanks. When I first looked at your link I thought that it was old news and then I realised that it was the second time Shocked
Back to top Go down
SamTyler

SamTyler

Number of posts : 989
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Police activity at Beeslack   Police activity at Beeslack Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 11:25 am

Thanks for the update. I saw the police looking around the path between Greenlaw Mains 1 and 2 on Monday morning and then another police car came along to join them. Let us hope they catch the culprit this time!
News report on stv news page too:
http://local.stv.tv/edinburgh/103584-woman-spots-man-indecently-exposing-himself-in-midlothian-woods/
Back to top Go down
rubbereye

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Police activity at Beeslack   Police activity at Beeslack Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 5:43 pm

I noticed that the police and (what looked like) some staff from Beeslack School were supervising the kids at Tesco's today - presumably because of the weirdo mentioned above.

A female cousin who was a DI in Tayside CID told me that "flashers" never actually do anything. Exposing themselves is the limit of their "fun". Unpleasant creeps all the same.
Back to top Go down
omala

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2010-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Police activity at Beeslack   Police activity at Beeslack Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 2:34 pm

In response Rubbereye, whilst your cousin's observation is a somewhat reassuring, it is a little sweeping. Peeping Toms, often unnoticed, Flashers often unreported fall into a similar category, the majority are undetected unless caught in the act. Peepers can progress to Exposing themselves, (a summer time activity in this climate) and flashers if not caught can progress to indecent assaults, in some cases onwards to rape. Early intervention is the preferred outcome.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Police activity at Beeslack   Police activity at Beeslack Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 2:26 pm

I've heard that the police were looking round the area again this morning, this time with dogs. I hope that it hasn't happened again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Police activity at Beeslack   Police activity at Beeslack Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Police activity at Beeslack
Page 1 of 1