Midlothian Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Midlothian Forum

A place to talk about Midlothian Scotland and more

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Taylor Wimpey Penicuik

Go down 
+5
Lightlevel
Admin
Tamdebam
sybil
SamTyler
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Midlothian 15

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-12-27

Taylor Wimpey Penicuik - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylor Wimpey Penicuik   Taylor Wimpey Penicuik - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 5:52 pm

Tamdebam wrote:
Midlothian15 " The previous proposals I could live with as there was a large buffer zone between existing properties and the new build. However the new proposals are built hard up to existing properties. " Have you seen the new plans post link if any?

Yes, Taylor Wimpey had a presentation in Penicuik Library at the end of November. The new proposals come hard up to existing properties, for example at least one property (probably more) has a gable end of a semi detached what looks to be hard up to their boundary fence. The previous proposals had a roundabout in Mauricewood Road, however this has been abandoned with the new proposals. The new scheme (540 new properties) looks to be high density with some greenery stuck in the middle. In my opinion this will lead to congestion on Mauricewood Road, as it could add around another 750 vehicles using Mauricewood Road on a regular basis. Lets hope the planning dept reject these proposals.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Greenlaw Mill is Back!   Taylor Wimpey Penicuik - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 11:46 pm

The website for Greenlaw Mill has gone live again with a big Coming Soon message. http://www.taylorwimpey.co.uk/newhomes/east+scotland/greenlawmill/
Back to top Go down
Lightlevel

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Wimpey Penicuik   Taylor Wimpey Penicuik - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 12:14 am

And they haven't even been granted planning consent yet, foregone conclusion or what!!!!!
Back to top Go down
SamTyler

SamTyler

Number of posts : 989
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Wimpey Penicuik   Taylor Wimpey Penicuik - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 12:49 pm

Lightlevel wrote:
And they haven't even been granted planning consent yet, foregone conclusion or what!!!!!

They have not even applied for permission yet but they had signs up and details on the website before with nothing happening so we shall wait and see. There have been plans for houses in this area since we came to live here back in 1977 with nothing built so far! I imagine no decisions will be taken before may as the council will be careful about the local elections but who knows how these things work
Question
Back to top Go down
pitsgate

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Wimpey Penicuik   Taylor Wimpey Penicuik - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 3:44 pm

Lightlevel wrote:

The fields behind Deanburn and Greenlaw Mains were included in the last two Local Plans for housing. (Get hold of someone who still has the documents; I got rid of mine when I gave up being involved).
To that extent, the developers are not jumping the gun. Those sites will be used for housing development as and when ...
Details, layouts, phasing are all matters still subject to planning consent but the principle was accepted when the MLP was approved.
Back to top Go down
Midlothian 15

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Wimpey Penicuik   Taylor Wimpey Penicuik - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 11:35 am

The new proposals seem to be intended to upset existing local residents for example not only are Taylor Wimpey proposing to build hard up to existing properties but they are intending to channel all of the extra traffic generated onto Mauricewood Road without allowing access to Belwood, neither do they propose to carry out any work on the junctions and pavements surrounding Mauricewood Road. On top of increased dangers and congestion they are also proposing that the building work should go on for 10 years which is totally unacceptable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: New Junction?   Taylor Wimpey Penicuik - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 12:58 pm

If you look at plans however, it look's like there will be a new junction added opposite Beeslack. This could relieve traffic on Mauricewood Road but could possibly add traffic to the main road.
Taylor Wimpey Penicuik - Page 2 Site_p10
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Wimpey Penicuik   Taylor Wimpey Penicuik - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 6:27 pm

Are you sure that it is going to be a proper road and not just a temporary access one? If they put road there it will cut across the path which gives access to the bridge which connects Mauricewood and Glencorse. It is also very narrow at certain points so I would think that it could only give access in one direction only.
Back to top Go down
https://midforum.editboard.com
pitsgate

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Wimpey Penicuik   Taylor Wimpey Penicuik - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 5:04 pm

Midlothian15
Again, I think you'll find that the original plans specifically excluded an access onto Belwood Road. The traffic is intended to go onto an upgraded Mauricewood Road with a roundabout somewhere close to Boyd-Orr Drive, a new roundabout on the A702 and some (unspecified) upgrading — probably traffic lights — at the A701 junction.
I don't recall an access to the A701 at Beeslack.
The residents of Belwood Road put up a good fight, I'm afraid!

Hey! Why do I care? I'm out of it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Wimpey Penicuik   Taylor Wimpey Penicuik - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 7:37 pm

I've just found some old papers and you're right. They talk about the provision of traffic lights at the junction of Mauricewood road and the A701 and a roundabout at Mauricewood road and the A702.
Back to top Go down
https://midforum.editboard.com
SamTyler

SamTyler

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Wimpey Penicuik   Taylor Wimpey Penicuik - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 12:17 pm

New local website has some more info on this and other Penicuik matters:

http://pen-y-cog.org.uk/category/latest-news/
Back to top Go down
SamTyler

SamTyler

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Wimpey Penicuik   Taylor Wimpey Penicuik - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 9:30 am

Some things have finally appeared on the council planning site (funny how long it takes) here:

https://planning-applications.midlothian.gov.uk/OnlinePlanning/caseFile.do?category=application&caseNo=12/00085/DPP

Back to top Go down
SamTyler

SamTyler

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Wimpey Penicuik   Taylor Wimpey Penicuik - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 10:57 pm

Article in the Advertiser about the planned housing development:

http://www.midlothianadvertiser.co.uk/news/local-headlines/ghetto-fears-in-penicuik-homes-plan-1-2169895

It all looks so nice....but they don't mention it being a building site for up to TEN years!

No
Back to top Go down
SamTyler

SamTyler

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Wimpey Penicuik   Taylor Wimpey Penicuik - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 10:57 am

Wimpey have been given planning permission for their development at Bilston and there seems to be some work starting there.

https://planning-applications.midlothian.gov.uk/OnlinePlanning/caseFile.do?category=application&caseNo=10/00135/DPP
Back to top Go down
SamTyler

SamTyler

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Wimpey Penicuik   Taylor Wimpey Penicuik - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 6:49 pm

Midlothian Council have installed temporary cameras at the junctions of Belwood Road and Mauricewood Road with the A701, presumably to see what the traffic is like (as if they did not already know from the accidents and tailbacks). I wonder how many near-misses they will record and if it will have any effect on their decision?
Back to top Go down
SamTyler

SamTyler

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Wimpey Penicuik   Taylor Wimpey Penicuik - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 2:08 pm

Big signs up near Bilston for Wimpey's new development at "Cameron Gardens". Wonder who came up with that name? Perhaps they thought that Thatcher Gardens would not go down too well in the area?
Back to top Go down
Tamdebam

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Wimpey Penicuik   Taylor Wimpey Penicuik - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 6:58 am

Its all went abit quiet on greenlaw mill anybody have any news/updates on when they begin work?
Back to top Go down
SamTyler

SamTyler

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Wimpey Penicuik   Taylor Wimpey Penicuik - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 9:00 am

The Cuckoo site has an update with news on the publication of the Transport Assessment which (surprise, surprise) says that 500 new houses will have little affect on the traffic situation!
I suppose it all depends on which figures you use - Taylor Wimpey's 0.6 cars per house = 300 more cars or a more realistic 2 cars per house giving 1000 more vehicles using Mauricewood Road which is already very busy with people avoiding the A701.

http://penycog.wordpress.com/2012/08/10/taylor-wimpey-transport-assessment-published/
Back to top Go down
SamTyler

SamTyler

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Wimpey Penicuik   Taylor Wimpey Penicuik - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 4:58 pm

An update on this application from the Cuckoo site (yes! they have got some actual news on there!)

Seems that Wipmey have decided to incoroprate a commercial section in their plans - more info here:
http://www.penicuikcuckoo.co.uk/wimpey-plans-new-commercial-zone/
Back to top Go down
SamTyler

SamTyler

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Wimpey Penicuik   Taylor Wimpey Penicuik - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 10:45 pm

Another update from the Cuckoo site on Wimpeys revised plans for "Greenlaw Mill".

http://www.penicuikcuckoo.co.uk/greenlaw-mill-scaled-back-and-improved/

It looks like the planning folk at Wimpey are trying to keep themselves occupied by changing things all the time - it would be nice to know how much money has been spent so far on this site and the many plan and applications over the past few years. I guess it would be several millions which could have been spent on something more useful!
Back to top Go down
pitsgate

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Wimpey Penicuik   Taylor Wimpey Penicuik - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 8:42 pm

Cuckoo looks as if it's getting there — at last. Well done.
Now if it can just learn the difference between the A701 and the A702 ... Smile
Back to top Go down
Chris

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Wimpey Penicuik   Taylor Wimpey Penicuik - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 4:03 pm

I Was up the field a wee while ago with The dogs. Bumped into another dog walker who I meet regularly. He backs onto the field at the far end of Namur. He said he received a letter this morning from Taylor Wimpey to say that there has been a change of plans and it is no longer the intention to proceed with building of houses. He maintains he received the letter because he had lodged an objection. I found this strange given the updated plans recently reported on in the Cuckoo. Does anyone have more information?
Back to top Go down
pitsgate

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Wimpey Penicuik   Taylor Wimpey Penicuik - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 5:10 pm

Chris, if you follow this link you'll get the latest application (lodged Nov 10) for 422 houses and 36 flats but no mention of commercial development.
https://planning-applications.midlothian.gov.uk/OnlinePlanning/centralDistribution.do?action=dispatch&caseType=Application&caseNo=12/00745/DPP.
Follow the links there and you'll get to see all the paperwork. (Enjoy! There are 104 documents according to the list!)
The site plan shows a massive "parkland" area in the middle — presumably where the worst of the ground conditions are. There certainly is nothing to suggest they're planning to pack up and go home!
Back to top Go down
Chris

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Wimpey Penicuik   Taylor Wimpey Penicuik - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 5:13 pm

Application details not available
Application number 12/00745/DPP. is no longer available for viewing. It may have been removed or restricted from public viewing.
Back to top Go down
pitsgate

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Wimpey Penicuik   Taylor Wimpey Penicuik - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 5:29 pm

Still works for me, Chris.
Go in through
https://planning-applications.midlothian.gov.uk/OnlinePlanning/weeklyListResults.do?action=firstPage
which takes you to the current Weekly List. It's the only item on page two and then links direct to the details.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Wimpey Penicuik   Taylor Wimpey Penicuik - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taylor Wimpey Penicuik
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next